Friday, February 8, 2008

I hate running in the dark...

"Train to your weakness" is what the TNT coaches tell you - so I figured I'd better start running more! I've mapped a couple of runs around the house (US-based runners, check out this site www.mapmyrun.com) so thought I'd do one after work with Murray.

Our neighborhood is very dark, and my headlight gave out halfway through, so I'm running in almost pitch black over a fairly uneven surface with my crazy Labradoodle who has trouble running in a straight line during the best of times, let along at night in the cold. We get to a lamp post and I'm not paying attention so he goes one way, I go the other and since we're attached by the leash, we both go whipping around in opposite directions. What a mess! Despite that, I managed to run a couple of miles, I think I'm clocking in at a fairly slow 10 min mile, but I guess that just means there's tons of room for improvement!

The donations keep coming - Thank you to Weylin, Percy, Auntie Celine, Auntie Irene, Joel (Galuty) Tan, Romina, Sanyee, and DBM!

For those who are interested, I'll be posting my training schedule so you can work out alongside if you're interested, wherever you might be in the world!

Just get outside!

0 comments: