Friday, November 7, 2008

A fifth grader's perspective on the 2008 elections - hilarious and definitely gives you hope for the future


From my friend a fifth grade teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kid comments this morning... (super involved and informed, but still 10 years old...)

1.  OMG, did you hear Obama is getting a new puppy?  It is going to live in the White House.
2.  It was so sad when McCain cried, but he already ran like 4 times.  Does he not get that people don't want him?
3.  McCain supporters are sore losers.  It isn't nice for them to boo Obama.
4.  How awesome are Ohio & Virginia?  That hasn't happened since the 60s.
5.  I'm happy about Obama, but I'm really sad about Prop 8 and the General Hospital Measure.
6.  Did the abortion one pass?  I hope not because I don't want parents to beat their pregnant kids.
7.  CNN is awesome because they have an Activeboard.  All the other station did was just talk.
8.  That was the only time watching the news has ever been interesting.
9.  Did you hear about that 106 old voter?  She is older than McCain.
10.  Did you know that McCain can't work a computer...you know, because they beat him when he was a war prisoner.
11.  Did you see MLK Jr.'s daughter?  Cool.
12.  How in the world was that musician on CNN...but not really there?  So cool.
13.  Palin didn't look that sad.
14.  Oprah cried.  They kept showing her.
15.  I heard that Obama will be on Oprah today.
16.  Obama should go on Oprah.  She totally helped him win.
17.  I liked McCain's speech.  He said nice things about Obama.
18.  What are electoral votes?  Why do we have them?
19.  Why did people vote to keep abusing animals?  That sounds wrong.
20.  Man, people were dancing and yelling in the streets...and beating on pots and pans.
21.  I'm really scared for Obama.  There are still so many racist people in the country!  I hope they protect him.
22.  I saw a "Bush, You're Fired!" sign.  Pretty cool.
23.  What happened with prop 8?  When will we know?
24.  The USA lit up building was really cool.
25.  Did you see the SNL skit with the guy from ELF.  McCain lost because a vote for him is a vote for the ELF guy...and Bush.
26.  Obama just made history.  Did you know that he is the first African American president?
27.  Obama gets sworn in on January 20th.  So he will already be president by my birthday.  I'm so excited.
28.  Did the people celebrating outside of the White House know that Obama was in Chicago?

Posted by email from Deploy! (posterous)

0 comments: