As a kid, I used to do my homework on the roof of our house, tucked under the roof of the dining room which extended above the main roof of the house. This drove my babysitter nuts, and she'd stand in the yard, yelling at me to get down.
This afternoon, I got to relive my childhood, climbing up the same tree I used to use, though instead of a leisurely afternoon I decided to clean out the gutters.
There's something oddly satisfying about making something dirty clean. Imposing order. Yes, I know, OCD. But 1.25 hours later, the gutters are clear of debris. According to the Internet, all I have to do now is take the hose up on the roof with a pressure spray attachment and flush the downspouts. Maybe next weekend =).
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Sitting on the roof
Labels:
2319,
California,
Musings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment