Friday, March 21, 2008

Biking in my room!

So I usually get home after its dark, and I just haven't mastered the riding in the dark thing - it scares me, so what usually ends up happening is that I'll run or swim, and my biking minutes are limited to weekend rides. (not good!)

I'm going through phases in anticipating the Wildflower...first I was terrified, then as training kicked off, I began to feel more confident, and now I'm terrified again. So the only solution (as I see it), is to train more! Be prepared, right?

I just got this Kinetic bike trainer (on sale from REI!) so now I can get some quality "rides" indoors! An a side perk I hadn't even thought about is that I can play music, or even watch DVDs on my computer (ok, maybe that's a little excessive).

I'm pretty excited about it because now I have NO excuses for not getting all my bike workouts in during the work week!

Upcoming: our first open water swim; wetsuits and all! Where is that BodyGlide everyone keeps talking about? Tomorrow morning should be pretty entertaining...

Fundraising shoutouts to: Melissa M., LaCona W., Amy H, Merilyn A., and Steven F. THANK YOU ALL!

0 comments: