Image from WikipediaCurrent shortage of A, B and O!
I donated yesterday and got my one gallon key chain! There are folks up on the wall who've donated 15, 16, 17 gallons. At 8 pints a gallon, that's a lot of blood!
They always send me these notes reminding me to donate because I don't have antibodies to CMV (which half the donor population does), so they give my blood to babies and others with compromised immune systems. I mean - the blood is going to BABIES, you kind of have to go when they call =).
I managed to convince Jackie to come with me, but she failed the hemoglobin test when we got there! Eat more green leafy vegetables folks! The nurse said its pretty common in women, and recommended cream of wheat which apparently gives you all you need for the day in one serving.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Give blood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment