Monday, March 31, 2008

Ride & Tie! - March 29




So...going out the night before you have to be at practice in a new location is generally not the best idea I've had in awhile...but I figured we wouldn't be out too late, hadn't seen Carey and Katy in awhile, and I knew where Bayfront Park was...sort of.

I set my alarm for 645am, after getting back from SF at 2am - I wake up at 745am when Jackie knocks on my door and I open my eyes with a shock, throwing on my clothes. Did I mention that we were also supposed to be in costume for this practice! We were supposed to be Calvin & Hobbes, so I'm driving as Jackie is tearing off strips of black duct tape to paste on this hideous orange shirt. (I'd already taped my orange pants the night before - well actually Heather did most of it because I wasn't doing a very good job)

So Calvin just wears a red t-shirt and black pants but Jackie doesn't have short spiky blond hair so it just looked like she was dressed for exercise and I was some sort of tiger. One guy told me I looked just like the guy on the cereal box. Great - I look like Tony the Tiger. So Jackie sees a paper bag in my car and starts cutting little triangles and taping it to her helmet. I had little black duct tape ears on my helmet.

Other folks had great costumes: pictured below


I love the Tiki Men =).













And the superhero duo...














Britney Spears does TNT?

















Important bumblebee business to conduct!



















Staying alive! Quite relevant for tri training I think!

0 comments: